Trip Cancellation, Cost increases and Alterations
- High Lonesome BirdTours guarantees that all U.S. domestic trips (lower 48 states) it advertises will occur regardless of enrollment. In cases where the enrollment for a trip is less than five (5) participants, we may have to re-compute the trip cost to reflect the lower enrollment. We will inform you within 30 days of trip departure if a price change becomes necessary. If the price increases more than 10%, we will refund all payments to you within 30 days if you choose to cancel the trip.
- Enrollment requirements for International and Alaska trips will vary. Please call about specific trips.
- Rarely, we must increase prices due to unexpected increases from our vendors. We will inform you as soon as we are aware of such an increase, usually no later than 30 days prior to trip departure, if a price change becomes necessary. If the price increases more than 10%, we will refund all recoverable payments that have been made to vendors to you within 30 days if you choose to cancel the trip.
- Minor trip alterations (e.g., accommodations, excursions, etc.) may occasionally be necessary and may be made without penalty to High Lonesome BirdTours.
- Additional costs precipitated by trip alterations during the course of the trip that are caused by events beyond High Lonesome BirdTours’s control, e.g., weather delays, strikes, etc., are the sole responsibility of the participant.
Our commitment to maintaining small groups wherever possible for your comfort and convenience dictates that we adopt a strict policy regarding deposits and balances. Please read below carefully:
- Deposits are refundable up to 120 days prior to the trip departure, less a $50 per person processing fee. Alaska and international trips: $150 per person processing fee applies.
- If we have already purchased tickets in your name, we will require reimbursement for these if the deposit does not cover it. Once we receive payment, we will mail the tickets to you for your use at a later date.
- Any other balances paid are non-refundable within 90 days of the trip.
- All participants are strongly urged to obtain trip insurance to cover cancellations, delays, emergencies and unexpected illness. For some trips in remote areas or international destinations, we may require, at a minimum, emergency medical/evacuation insurance. Please see: “Buy Travel Protection Insurance” for direct quotes from our insurer: Travel Insured International.